Northern Michigan Corporate Retreats
Sleeping Bear Resort provides an excellent venue for rustic/casual Northern Michigan Corporate Retreats. We like to refer to it as “Up North Rustic Luxury”. The resort is located on a quiet and undeveloped 40 acre no-wake lake one mile outside the Village of Lake Ann. Lake Ann is 15 miles west of Traverse City and 15 miles east of Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. We are in the center of wine country, away from the hustle and bustle of Traverse City yet close enough (15 minutes) to enjoy all that it has to offer. It’s an ideal setting to get away from the office and do some great brainstorming and corporate strategizing.
The resort consists of a beautiful 5 Bedroom Log Home, a 6 Bedroom Farm Home decorated with rustic up north decor, 3 Two-Bedroom Cabins and 3 One-Bedroom Cabins. We can accommodate corporate retreat groups of approximately 28 . If some of the group members are couples, that number would increase. Eight of the bedrooms have 2 or more beds so several people would have to share bedrooms for groups larger than 21. A group of 21 would allow each person their own bedroom.
The main meeting space is located in the Bear’s Den. This multi-purpose room can be arranged to accommodate up to 30 people for corporate retreats. There’s high speed internet, a 50 inch Smart Roku TV and a 36″x48″ whiteboard. The TV can be connected wirelessly to your laptop for presentations.
Additional Breakout Session rooms are located at the Bear’s Den and Lodge.
Meals, Snacks & Dining Options
Sleeping Bear Resort will provide a Continental Breakfast and bring in lunch at an additional cost.
A typical Continental Breakfast would include:
- One to three juices (e.g., apple, orange, tomato)
- Fresh baked breakfast breads from local bakeries (e.g., croissants, muffins, toasts)
- Coffee, decaffeinated coffee, and tea
- Seasonal fruit
- Assorted cereals
We do not provide dinner service but recommend the following for dinner and/or cocktail receptions.
- Broomstack Kitchen, Taphouse & Curling Club – Located 8 miles away in Maple City. This newly opened curling club has 2 lanes of curling along with a full bar and dinner menu specializing in pizza and burgers.
- Little Traverse Inn – Located 14 miles away on Scenic M22. It’s an English Pub with a complete dinner menu and also a Bed & Breakfast.
- Trattoria Funistrada – Located 12 miles away near Glen Lake. It’s a small, quaint and authentic Italian restaurant.
- Lake Ann Brewing & Stone Oven – Both are located 2 miles away in the Village of Lake Ann and are next door neighbors. Dinner can be ordered at the Stone Oven and brought back to Lake Ann Brewing where you will find an excellent selection of craft brews.
- Many more dining options are located in nearby Traverse City.
- Master Bedroom – Queen bed with private bathroom
- Bedroom 2 – Upstairs with Queen bed with deck overlooking Herendeene Lake*
- Bedroom 3 – Upstairs with 2 Double beds facing the cabins*
- Bedroom 4 – Upstairs with 1 single bed and a Full Sized bunk bed*
- Bedroom 5 – Upstairs above meeting room with 2 Double beds**
- Bedroom 6 – Upstairs above meeting room with 2 Double beds and deck overlooking Herendeene Lake**
*Bedrooms 2, 3 and 4 share a bathroom on the main floor
**Bedrooms 5 and 6 share a bathroom upstairs
- Main Floor Bedroom – Queen bed roadside
- Bedroom 2 – Upstairs with Queen bed roadside
- Bedroom 3 – Upstairs with Queen bed roadside
- Bedroom 4 – Upstairs with Queen bed lakeside
- Bedroom 5 – Upstairs with Queen bed lakeside
- Lower Level – Full Size Bunk Bed located in the lower level meeting space
* One Bathroom on main floor and one bathroom upstairs
Two Bedroom Cabins
- Queen bedroom
- Twin-over-Full Bunk Bedroom
*2nd Bedroom is entered through the Queen bedroom
One Bedroom Cabins
- Queen bed and Twin-over-Full Bunk are located in one bedroom space
Outings & Excursions
The resort is centrally located half-way between (15 miles) Traverse City and Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. It’s a short drive to Traverse City where you’ll find lots of things to do. Click Here for our list of Thing To Do nearby Sleeping Bear Resort.
Corporate Retreat Packages
Entire & Partial Resort Retreats – Pricing and minimum night stay requirements vary depending on the season. For a 20 person Corporate Retreat midweek during the off season – prices would be only $87.75/person for the entire resort for one night. A 2 night retreat would be $146.25/person. Meals and/or meal service would be extra.
One Night Stays – One night retreats are offered during the Off Season (November thru May). Check-in would be 3pm and Checkout would be 6pm the following day.
Two or More Night Stays – Multiple night retreats are offered year round. Peak Season Retreats would require a 7 night stay (Saturday to Saturday). Check-in is 3pm and Checkout is 6pm.
One Day Conferences with no Overnight Stay – Conference Room would be available from 8am to 6pm.
Meals – Meals can be added at an extra charge based on your requirements
- Continental Breakfast available
- Lunch service available from Stone Oven or Papa J’s. We will handle the pickup and setup
- No Dinner service offered
- 20% Gratuity would be charged for meal service
Call Doreen at 810-434-6087 for pricing and availability