Welcome to Sleeping Bear Resort
Sleeping Bear Dunes Lodging located 15 miles from the Philip A. Hart Visitor Center
Voted “Best Mom & Pop Cabin Resort” by Traverse Magazine
Sleeping Bear Resort is a small Mom & Pop resort that is owned and operated by Randy & Doreen Fosgard. Accommodations consist of 6 very nice and very clean Cabins, a 5 Bedroom Hand Hewn Log Home and a 6 Bedroom Remodeled Farm Home. All units have excellent views of Herendeene Lake. The Resort is an excellent COVID getaway and outstanding up north venue for Family Reunions. 450 feet of private lakefront on a quiet, undeveloped and peaceful lake awaits. Fishing boats, large sandy beach, kayaks, firepits, firewood and lots more are all provided at no cost.
- Excellent Wifi
- Cabins are cleaned using all the Covid-19 cleaning and sanitation protocols per the American Hotel & Lodging Association
- Private fire pits, picnic tables, charcoal grills and Adirondack chairs
- Lakefront views of Herendeene Lake
- Lots of outdoor space to enjoy while maintaining social distancing
- Large private beach for guests to enjoy the lake without crowds
- Conveniently located near many Hiking Trails, Biking Trails and Lake Michigan Beaches
- 12 miles from Traverse City and 12 miles from Sleeping Bear Dunes
Only 3 Spots Available for Summer 2021
Sleeping Bear Resort is located 12 miles west of Sleeping Bear Dunes. Sleeping Bear Dunes consists of 35 miles of National Lakeshore stretching from Frankfort to Leland. There’s only one small motel located within the boundaries of the National Lakeshore and only one large hotel chain located close to the dunes. All other accommodations are smaller Mom & Pops or individual vacation rentals found on VRBO or HomeAway. Sleeping Bear Resort is different than almost anything you’ll find as we have a private beach, watercraft free of charge and private fire pits with firewood supplied during Spring, Summer and Fall Seasons. Sleeping Bear Resort is located just outside the quaint little Village of Lake Ann which has four restaurants, a brewpub, Lake Ann General Store and a meat market very close by. We are centrally located half way between Traverse City and the Sleeping Bear Dunes Visitor Center. Sleeping Bear Resort is within about 15 miles of most the Sleeping Bear Dunes Hiking Trails, biking trails and beaches.
Sorry No Pets
If searching for summer availability – Use Saturdays for Arrival Date and the following Saturday for Departure Date