Welcome to Sleeping Bear Resort
Sleeping Bear Dunes Lodging located 15 miles from the Philip A. Hart Visitor Center
Voted “Best Mom & Pop Cabin Resort” by Traverse Magazine in 2016 & 2018
Sleeping Bear Resort is a small Mom & Pop resort that is owned and operated by Randy & Doreen Fosgard. Accommodations consist of 6 very nice and very clean cabins, a 5 bedroom hand hewn log home and a 6 bedroom remodeled farm home. All have excellent views of Herendeene Lake. The Resort is an excellent up north venue for family or group vacation getaways. 450 feet of private lakefront on a quiet, undeveloped and peaceful lake awaits. Fishing boats, a beach, kayaks and lots more are all provided at no cost. Sleeping Bear Resort is a place like no other. Stress doesn’t live here. Come see for yourself.
- Cabins are cleaned using all the Post Covid-19 cleaning and sanitation protocols per the American Hotel & Lodging Association
- Private fire pits, picnic tables, charcoal grills and Adirondack chairs
- Lakefront views of Herendeene Lake
- Lots of outdoor space to enjoy while maintaining social distancing
- Large private beach for guests to enjoy the lake without crowds
- Conveniently located near many hiking trails, biking trails and Lake Michigan beaches
- 12 miles from Traverse City and 12 miles from Sleeping Bear Dunes
Sleeping Bear Resort is normally booked solid with large family reunions during the peak summer weeks. Due to the Coronavirus outbreak several families have rescheduled their reunions to 2021. This has created some openings during the peak summer season. Check Availability Here.
- Weekly stays only (Saturday to Saturday) from June 20th thru August 15th
- Minimum stays of 2 nights from May 15th thru June 20th and after August 15th
- Check our availability here
Sleeping Bear Resort is located 12 miles west of Sleeping Bear Dunes. Sleeping Bear Dunes consists of 35 miles of National Lakeshore stretching from Frankfort to Leland. There’s only one small motel located within the boundaries of the National Lakeshore and only one large hotel chain located close to the dunes. All other accommodations are smaller Mom & Pops or individual vacation rentals found on VRBO or HomeAway. Sleeping Bear Resort is different than almost anything you’ll find as we have a private beach, watercraft free of charge and private fire pits with wood supplied. The resort located just outside the quaint Village of Lake Ann which has four restaurants, a brewpub, Lake Ann General Store and a meat market very close by. We are centrally located half way between Traverse City and the Sleeping Bear Dunes Visitor Center. Sleeping Bear Resort is within about 15 miles of most the Sleeping Bear Dunes hiking trails, biking trails and beaches.
Sorry No Pets
If searching for summer availability – Use Saturdays for Arrival Date and the following Saturday for Departure Date