Get Answers To Frequently Asked Questions
Sleeping Bear Resort has a self-check-in process. You will receive a keyless entry code via email one day before your arrival. Please arrive after 4 pm and send us a text when you arrive.
You will receive a checkout email with a complete checkout list that you will need to complete before your departure.
- Place all dirty towels on the bathroom floor, do not strip beds (leave unmade)
- Wash, dry and put away all dishes
- Remove all food items from refrigerator and freezer
- Bag all trash and take to the large garbage totes
- Remove all returnable bottles and cans
- Turn off lights, close windows and unplug coffee maker
- In cold weather, turn thermostat(s) to 58 degrees
- Please lock the door on your way out
RESERVATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1.MINIMUM AGE REQUIREMENT: All guests renting any of our rental units must be at least 25 years of age.
2.DEPOSIT REQUIRED: A rental deposit of one night’s stay plus tax will be required for all reservations. The credit card used for the rental deposit will not be charged until the Reservation Agreement is signed.
3.RESERVATION AGREEMENT REQUIRED: Please review and electronically sign the Reservation Agreement that will be emailed within 5 minutes of all online reservations. Reservations are not confirmed until a deposit is received and the Reservation Agreement is signed.
4.SECURITY DEPOSIT: A credit card number must be given for all reservations to act as a security deposit. This credit card may be charged to cover extra accommodation costs or loss or damage to the property by you and/or your guests.
5.CANCELLATIONS: Cancelation charges vary depending on the season and are described in detail in the Reservation Agreement.
6.NO SMOKING: Smoking is not permitted in any of our rental units.
7.NO PETS ALLOWED: No pets are allowed in any of our rental units.
8.MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY: The maximum occupancy for each of our rental units is described in the Reservation Agreement.
All cancelations must be in writing or email. In the event of a cancelation or Sleeping Bear Resort has to cancel the reservation due to non-payment of balances due, cancelation charges are as follows:
Shoulder & Off Seasons (Labor Day thru June 15th)
- More than 90 Days prior to arrival: No charge for Cabins, $100 for The Lodge & Bear’s Den
- Less than 90 days and more than 30 days: No charge for Cabins, $200 for The Lodge & Bear’s Den
- Less than 30 days and more than 15 days: No charge for Cabins, 100% of rental amount for The Lodge & Bear’s Den
- Less than 15 days and more than 2 days: $25 for Cabins and 100% of rental amount for The Lodge & Bear’s Den
- Less than 2 days: 100% of rental amount
Peak Season (June 15th thru Labor Day)
More than 90 days before arrival date: $100 cancelation fee per Cabin and $300 for The Lodge and $300 for the Bear’s Den.
Less than 90 days and more than 60 days before arrival date: 30% of rental amount.
Less than 60 days and more than 30 days before arrival date: 50% of rental amount
Less than 30 days before arrival: 100% or rental amount.
You will be sent a separate email with a packing list for what is provided and what you should bring. It is as follows:
- Shampoo and soap
- Sanitizer wipes
- Toilet paper, Kleenex, and paper towel (2-day supply will be provided)
- 13-gallon tall kitchen bags (2-day supply will be provided)
- Summer guests should bring life vests and beach towels
- Charcoal and lighter fluid if you’ll be using the grill. This also can be purchased at Lake Ann Grocery
- Bring extra lawn chairs. Two Adirondack chairs and a picnic table will be provided for each cabin.
- Specialty cooking utensils or spices (salt & pepper provided)
- Water toys (blowup inner tubes or chairs)
Our parking policy is one car per cabin, five for the lodge and six for the den. Please call if you need to make other arrangements.
No, Sleeping Bear Resort has a strict no-pet policy. We do not allow pets to keep our resort allergy-friendly.
The resort is only about 15 minutes away from Sleeping Bear Dunes.