Family Reunions & Groups
The 6 Bedroom Bear’s Den
6 Cabins with Lake Views
The 5 Bedroom Lodge
Bear’s Den – 6 Bedroom, 3 Bathroom remodeled farm home accommodating up to 12 people;
The Lodge – 5 Bedroom, 2 Bathroom custom log home accommodating up to 10 people
3 Two-Bedroom Cabins – Comfortably accommodates a family of 4 or 3 adults.
3 One-Bedroom Cabins – Comfortably accommodates a family of 4 or 3 adults.
MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY – 46 guests including children
The Main Viewing Platform
Lower Viewing Platform
Our Dock and Fishing Boats
Sleeping Bear Resort Property Configuration
Sleeping Bear Resort Family Reunion & Group Planning Guide
Step by Step Process
Step One: Determine the total amount of family/group members (within 10%) including children;
Step Two: Call Doreen at 810-434-6087 for available dates;
Step Three: Fill out our Family Reunion Planning Worksheet;
Step Four: Determine whether available dates and resort configuration will work for your family/group;
Step Five: Call Doreen at 810-434-6087 to make reservation – We will hold reservations for 1 to 7 days depending on how far in advance your event is scheduled;
Step Six: Make your deposit equal to the first night’s rent plus tax;
Step Seven: Complete and send us the Cabin Assignment Worksheet;
Step Eight: Sleeping Bear Resort will email a Reservation Agreement to the appropriate person(s) for each of the units reserved.
Option 1: One family/group member pays everything;
Option 2: Individual family/group members make their own payments;
Option 3: Family/Group members sharing the cost of Lodge or Bear’s Den can make partial payments via our Payment Link (must have reservation #).
Availability Search Tips
Here’s some tips and info to help search for availability:
- We open our online availability calendar thru the end of summer next year;
- For reservations 2 summers in advance please call Doreen at 810-434-6087;
- When searching for summer availability – Use Saturdays as Arrival Days and the following Saturday as the Departure Day.
- Do not change the “Bedrooms” and “Guests” fields.
- If you receive a message that says we have no inventory – We are booked for that week. Search another week or call to be put on a waiting list.
- Groups of over 40 should seriously consider renting the entire resort.
- Groups of less than 40 should consider renting either The Lodge or Bear’s Den along with as many cabins as needed.
- Large Family Reunion and Group Reservations should be made at least one year in advance to get prime summer dates.
- Many large family reunions and groups make their reservations 2 years out.
- Please call Doreen at 810-434-6087 for availability and more information.
If searching for summer availability – Use Saturdays for Arrival Date and the following Saturday for Departure Date