Sleeping Bear Resort is a popular Northern Michigan Family Reunion destination for groups of up to 50 people. What sets us apart from other destinations is our amenities. A beautiful private beach along with kayaks, canoes, fishing boats and a large water trampoline are all available for our guests at no extra charge. We also provide firewood at no charge to our guests. All houses and cabins are air conditioned as of 2019/2020.
In August 2020 we installed a new septic system for the cabins. In the virtual tour you’ll notice the courtyard is a little bare. We’ve seeded the new lawn in the fall of 2020 and will be installing some new landscaping in the spring of 2021. Unfortunately, the new landscaping won’t be seen in the virtual tour. You’ll have to come see it in person!
For Family Reunions that would like to rent more than one unit, it’s best to call Doreen at 231-642-7000.
The 6 Bedroom Bear’s Den
6 Bedroom, 3 Bathroom remodeled farm home accommodating up to 12 people
6 Cabins with Lake Views
Comfortably accommodates a family of 5 or 3 adults
The 5 Bedroom Lodge
5 Bedroom, 2 Bathroom custom log home accommodating up to 10 people
The Main Viewing Platform
Lower Viewing Platform
Our Dock and Fishing Boats
Sleeping Bear Resort Property Configuration
Sleeping Bear Resort Family Reunion & Group Planning Guide
Step by Step Process
Step One: Determine the total amount of family/group members (within 10%) including children;
Step Two: Call Doreen at 810-434-6087 for available dates;
Step Three: Fill out our Family Reunion Planning Worksheet;
Step Four: Determine whether available dates and resort configuration will work for your family/group;
Step Five: Call Doreen at 810-434-6087 to make reservation – We will hold reservations for 1 to 7 days depending on how far in advance your event is scheduled;
Step Six: Make your deposit equal to the first night’s rent plus tax;
Step Seven: Complete and send us the Cabin Assignment Worksheet;
Step Eight: Sleeping Bear Resort will email a Reservation Agreement to the appropriate person(s) for each of the units reserved.
Option 1: One family/group member pays everything;
Option 2: Individual family/group members make their own payments;
Option 3: Family/Group members sharing the cost of Lodge or Bear’s Den can make partial payments via our Payment Link (must have reservation #).
Availability Search Tips
Here’s some tips and info to help search for availability:
- We open our online availability calendar thru the end of summer next year;
- For reservations 2 summers in advance please call Doreen at 810-434-6087;
- When searching for summer availability – Use Saturdays as Arrival Days and the following Saturday as the Departure Day.
- Do not change the “Bedrooms” and “Guests” fields.
- If you receive a message that says we have no inventory – We are booked for that week. Search another week or call to be put on a waiting list.
- Groups of over 40 should seriously consider renting the entire resort.
- Groups of less than 40 should consider renting either The Lodge or Bear’s Den along with as many cabins as needed.
- Large Family Reunion and Group Reservations should be made at least one year in advance to get prime summer dates.
- Many large family reunions and groups make their reservations 2 years out.
- Please call Doreen at 810-434-6087 for availability and more information.
If searching for summer availability – Use Saturdays for Arrival Date and the following Saturday for Departure Date