Sleeping Bear Resort is a popular Northern Michigan Family Reunion destination for groups of up to 50 people. What sets us apart from other destinations is our amenities. A beautiful private beach along with kayaks, canoes, fishing boats and a large water trampoline are all available for our guests at no extra charge. We also provide firewood at no charge to our guests. All houses and cabins are air conditioned as of 2019/2020.
We’ve listed our 2020 availability below and try to keep this up to date at all times. For Family Reunions that would like to rent more than one unit, it’s best to call Doreen at 810-434-6087. For individual unit rentals we have online booking or you can call our main number 231-642-7000.
The 6 Bedroom Bear’s Den
6 Bedroom, 3 Bathroom remodeled farm home accommodating up to 12 people
6 Cabins with Lake Views
Comfortably accommodates a family of 5 or 3 adults
The 5 Bedroom Lodge
5 Bedroom, 2 Bathroom custom log home accommodating up to 10 people
The Main Viewing Platform
Lower Viewing Platform
Our Dock and Fishing Boats
2021 Summer Family Reunion Dates Available
Updated May 10, 2020
June 12th thru June 19th – Cabins 2, 3, 4 & 6 are available
June 19th thru June 26th – The Lodge and all six Cabins accommodate up to 40 people
June 26th thru July 3rd – No Availability
July 3rd thru July 10th – Cabins 2, 3 & 6 accommodate up to 15 people
July 10th thru July 17th – No Availability
July 17th thru July 24th – The Bear’s Den, Cabins 2 & 3 can accommodate up to 22 people
July 24th thru July 31st – Cabins 4 & 6 can accommodate 2 families with up 10 people
July 31st thru August 7th – Cabin 2 is available
August 7th thru August 14th – No Availability
August 14th thru August 20th – The entire resort is available
Sleeping Bear Resort Property Configuration
Sleeping Bear Resort Family Reunion & Group Planning Guide
Step by Step Process
Step One: Determine the total amount of family/group members (within 10%) including children;
Step Two: Call Doreen at 810-434-6087 for available dates;
Step Three: Fill out our Family Reunion Planning Worksheet;
Step Four: Determine whether available dates and resort configuration will work for your family/group;
Step Five: Call Doreen at 810-434-6087 to make reservation – We will hold reservations for 1 to 7 days depending on how far in advance your event is scheduled;
Step Six: Make your deposit equal to the first night’s rent plus tax;
Step Seven: Complete and send us the Cabin Assignment Worksheet;
Step Eight: Sleeping Bear Resort will email a Reservation Agreement to the appropriate person(s) for each of the units reserved.
Option 1: One family/group member pays everything;
Option 2: Individual family/group members make their own payments;
Option 3: Family/Group members sharing the cost of Lodge or Bear’s Den can make partial payments via our Payment Link (must have reservation #).
Availability Search Tips
Here’s some tips and info to help search for availability:
- We open our online availability calendar thru the end of summer next year;
- For reservations 2 summers in advance please call Doreen at 810-434-6087;
- When searching for summer availability – Use Saturdays as Arrival Days and the following Saturday as the Departure Day.
- Do not change the “Bedrooms” and “Guests” fields.
- If you receive a message that says we have no inventory – We are booked for that week. Search another week or call to be put on a waiting list.
- Groups of over 40 should seriously consider renting the entire resort.
- Groups of less than 40 should consider renting either The Lodge or Bear’s Den along with as many cabins as needed.
- Large Family Reunion and Group Reservations should be made at least one year in advance to get prime summer dates.
- Many large family reunions and groups make their reservations 2 years out.
- Please call Doreen at 810-434-6087 for availability and more information.
If searching for summer availability – Use Saturdays for Arrival Date and the following Saturday for Departure Date