Rules & Policies
1. Check in time is 3pm. Please time your arrival no earlier than 3pm EST so we can prepare for your stay.
2. Check out time is 10am. We are very strict on the check out times during summer and late summer reservations. Additional charges may occur if our cleaning staff cannot access the home or cabin by 10am. If you think you may need additional time, please let us know several days in advance so we can schedule our housekeeping staff accordingly. We will try to accommodate your request. If you request a 12 noon (or later) checkout, our charge is 50% of the daily rate. Please check our detailed clean up-list so there will not be any question about whether you will responsible for additional cleaning charges. Renters are responsible for leaving the cabin in the condition in which you found it; any damage will be paid by the renter within 10 days.
3. Reservations and payment: This agreement is conditioned on timely receipt of your rental payment and applies to all reservations in the name of the renter. A rental deposit of one night’s stay plus tax will be required at time of reservation to hold the reservation. 50% of your total rental amount is due 90 days prior to check-in and the balance is due 30 days prior to check-in. Reservations made within 30 days of arrival must be paid in full at time of reservation. If you have any questions or need to make other arrangements please call.
4. Security Deposit: A credit card number must be given for all reservations to act as a security deposit. This credit card may be charged to cover extra accommodation costs or loss or damage to the property by you and/or your guests. Guests will be notified within 7 days of any charges made to the card. The property should be left clean and undamaged. If the property is not left in a suitable condition, it may be necessary to charge the security deposit for costs to cover extra cleaning.
5. Cancelations: We understand that cancelations may be necessary. All cancelations must be in writing or email. In the event of cancelation or Sleeping Bear Resort has to cancel the arrangements due to non-payment of balances due, cancelation charges are as follows:
More than 90 days before arrival date: $100 cancelation fee per cabin and $300 for The Lodge and Bear’s Den.
Less than 90 days and more than 60 days before arrival date: 30% of rental amount
Less than 60 days and more than 30 days before arrival date: 50% of rental amount
Less than 30 days before arrival: 100% or rental amount
6. Conduct and Behavior: To make everyone’s vacation enjoyable, appropriate conduct and behavior by all renters and their guests is essential. We will hold you responsible for you and your guests conduct and behavior. Inappropriate conduct and misbehavior may result in immediate eviction without refund. We also reserve the right to not rent to you again. All minors must have adult supervision at all times.
7. No smoking in cabins. If you smoke, please do so outside and dispose of the cigarette butts in marked containers. A $300 odor removal fee will be charged if there is smoking in the cabin.
8. Fireworks – Due to Almira Township rules and fire hazard, we ask that you refrain from lighting fireworks at the resort.
9. No pets allowed! Renters arriving with pets will not be allowed to stay and no refunds will be made. If we see a pet on the premises at any time during your stay, we will charge the credit card on file $500 and/or ask you to leave with no refund.
10. Maximum occupancy is 5 for the cabins, 10 for The Lodge and 14 for the Bear’s Den. Strict fire code regulations prevent our properties from being over-populated. If you misrepresent the number of people in your group, you will be asked to leave and no refunds will be given. House parties are not permitted. Tents and campers may not be used as sleeping quarters.
11. Parking: Parking spaces are limited to 1 car for each cabin, 5 cars for The Lodge and 6 cars for the Bear’s Den. Unless arrangements are made in advance, a charge of $100 per car will be charged for each car on the premises that exceeds the limit.
12. Renters are responsible for using the trampoline raft, boats, kayaks, canoes and paddle boats safely, and at your own risk, including wearing a life vest at all times. Life vests are not provided. Parents are urged to bring life vests appropriate for each of their children. NO LIFEGUARD ON DUTY! Swim at your own risk!
13. Liability: Sleeping Bear Resort accepts no responsibility whatsoever for the death personal injury illness, accidents, loss, or damage to persons or personal belongings however caused. The use of all accommodations and all amenities including the lake, water trampoline, canoes, kayaks and paddleboats is entirely at the users own risk. Children (and adult non-swimmers) must be supervised at all times by responsible adults when using the lake and watercraft. Glass is not permitted in the beach area.