1. Payments & Reservation Requirements: Reservations are not considered “guaranteed” until the Sleeping Bear Resort Reservation Agreement is signed, payment of the required deposit is received and a credit card is provided for a security deposit. All reservations require a deposit of one night’s stay plus tax at the time of reservation. 50% of the total rental amount is due 90 days prior to arrival and the balance is due 30 days prior to arrival.
2. Accepted forms of payment: VISA, MasterCard, AMEX, Discover or personal check received 30 days prior to arrival.
3. Cancelation Policy: All cancelations must be in writing or email. In the event of a cancelation or Sleeping Bear Resort has to cancel the reservation due to non-payment of balances due, cancelation charges are as follows:
Shoulder & Off Seasons (Labor Day thru June 15th)
- More than 90 Days prior to arrival: No charge for Cabins, $100 for The Lodge & Bear’s Den
- Less than 90 days and more than 30 days: No charge for Cabins, $200 for The Lodge & Bear’s Den
- Less than 30 days and more than 15 days: No charge for Cabins, 100% of rental amount for The Lodge & Bear’s Den
- Less than 15 days and more than 2 days: $25 for Cabins and 100% of rental amount for The Lodge & Bear’s Den
- Less than 2 days: 100% of rental amount
Peak Season (June 15th thru Labor Day)
- More than 90 days before arrival date: $100 cancelation fee per Cabin and $300 for The Lodge and $300 for the Bear’s Den.
- Less than 90 days and more than 60 days before arrival date: 30% of rental amount.
- Less than 60 days and more than 30 days before arrival date: 50% of rental amount
- Less than 30 days before arrival: 100% or rental amount.
4. Maximum Occupancy: At all times, maximum occupancy is 5 for the cabins, 10 for The Lodge and 12 for the Bear’s Den. Each child/infant counts as one guest. Strict fire code regulations and septic system limitations prevent our properties from being over-populated. Tents and campers may not be used as sleeping quarters. Renters that exceed the maximum allowed guests may be asked to leave and/or be charged additional fees determined by Sleeping Bear Resort depending on circumstances.
5. Outside Guests and Visitors: All outside guests and visitors must be pre-approved by Sleeping Bear Resort in advance and in writing. If you bring extra guests or visitors without prior approval, you may be asked to vacate the property and all rent will be subject to forfeiture. Absolutely no house parties allowed!
6. Security Deposit: A credit card number must be given for all reservations to act as a security deposit. This credit card may be charged to cover extra accommodation costs or loss or damage to the property by you and/or your guests. Guests will be notified within 7 days of any charges made to the card. The property should be left clean and undamaged. If the property is not left in a suitable condition, it may be necessary to charge the security deposit for costs to cover extra cleaning.
7. No pets allowed! Renters arriving with pets will not be allowed to stay and no refunds will be made. If we see a pet on the premises at any time during your stay, we will charge the credit card on file $500 and/or ask you to leave with no refund.
8. No smoking: If you smoke, please do so outside and dispose of the cigarette butts in marked containers. A $300 odor removal fee will be charged if there is smoking in the cabin.
9. No Fireworks: Due to Almira Township rules and fire hazard, we ask that you refrain from lighting fireworks at the resort.
10. Parking: Parking spaces are limited to 1 car for each cabin, 5 cars for The Lodge and 6 cars for the Bear’s Den. Unless arrangements are made in advance, a charge of $100 per car will be charged for each car on the premises that exceeds the limit.
11. Conduct and Behavior: To make everyone’s vacation enjoyable, appropriate conduct and behavior by all renters and their guests is essential. We will hold you responsible for you and your guests conduct and behavior. Inappropriate conduct and misbehavior may result in immediate eviction without refund. We also reserve the right to not rent to you again. All minors must have adult supervision at all times.
12. Quiet Hours: Please respect a quiet time between the hours of 11pm and 9am.
13. Check in time is 4pm: Please time your arrival no earlier than 4pm EST so we can prepare for your stay. The check in policy is very strict for summertime guests. During shoulder and off seasons, there can be flexibility.
14. Check out time is 10am: We are very strict on the check out times during summer and late summer reservations. Additional charges may occur if our cleaning staff cannot access the home or cabin by 10am. If you think you may need additional time, please let us know several days in advance so we can schedule our housekeeping staff accordingly. We will try to accommodate your request. If you request a 12 noon (or later) checkout, our charge is 50% of the daily rate. Please check our detailed clean up-list so there will not be any question about whether you will be responsible for additional cleaning charges. Renters are responsible for leaving the cabin in the condition in which you found it; any damage will be paid by the renter.
15. Age Requirements: All guests renting any of our homes or cabins must be at least 25 years of age.
16. Renters are responsible for using the trampoline raft, boats, kayaks, canoes and paddle boards safely, and at your own risk, including wearing a life vest at all times. Life vests are not provided. Parents are urged to bring life vests appropriate for each of their children. NO LIFEGUARD ON DUTY! Swim at your own risk!
17. Liability: Sleeping Bear Resort accepts no responsibility whatsoever for the death, personal injury illness, accidents, loss, or damage to persons or personal belongings however caused. The use of all accommodations and all amenities including the lake, water trampoline, canoes, kayaks and paddle boards is entirely at the users own risk. Children (and adult non-swimmers) must be supervised at all times by responsible adults when using the lake and watercraft. Glass is not permitted in the beach area.
18. Furnishings: Furnishings are subject to change without notice. Furniture, bedding, mattress pads, utensils or any other property supplied with the rental property must not be taken out or transferred from one property to another. Loss of these items, as well as damage to the property or furnishings in excess of normal wear will be charged to the guest(s).
19. Linens: We provide all bed linens, bath towels, hand towels, washcloths, dishtowels and dish rags. We do not provide daily housekeeping or linen service, and bed linen and bath towels are not changed during your stay. The startup set of bath soap, toilet tissue, paper towels and trash bags are not replenished.
20. Violation of Agreement: If Guest(s) violates any of the conditions of this Agreement, Sleeping Bear Resort may terminate this Agreement and enter premises. Upon notice of termination of this Agreement, Guest(s) shall vacate the Premises immediately and forfeit all rents and security deposits.
21. Credit Card Agreement: I am providing my credit card number as a guarantee of payment to Agent. I agree to pay all rent and charges related to property rental. I accept all terms of the lease agreement and accept all liability for rent and charges related to property rental, as well as any damage beyond normal wear and tear during my stay. I understand that these costs will be charged to my credit card. In the absence of another payment arrangement, I authorize Sleeping Bear Resort to charge my credit card for payment of these items.
22. CSA Travel Protection: Vacation Rental Insurance has been made available with your reservation. Vacation Rental Insurance provides coverage for prepaid, nonrefundable expenses due to certain unforeseeable circumstances that may jeopardize your vacation investment and force you to incur unplanned expenses. We strongly recommend you purchase this valuable protection. Separate terms and conditions apply, read your Description of Coverage/Policy carefully and contact CSA at (866) 999-4018 with coverage questions. Click here for more information.