Located exactly half-way between Traverse City and Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, Sleeping Bear Resort provides a serene setting with a spectacular view of the peaceful and mostly undeveloped Herendeene Lake. The resort is a great setting for your quintessential Northern Michigan retreat or getaway. We are a popular destination for family reunions, group retreats, weddings and business retreats for group sizes of up to 54 people.
We are committed to helping you create and plan a memorable experience at the resort that will be talked about for years to come. We can provide meal options for cooking, grilling, catering or dining out. We are more than happy to help you plan for day trips and excursions that will keep your entire group entertained no matter their age or physical abilities. We will treat you like family and help you with those special requests that are needed to accommodate your group. Our goal is to provide you with the ultimate venue that will keep everyone entertained and create lifelong memories.
Some of the group outings hosted at Sleeping Bear Resort are:
- Family Reunions
- Outdoor Club Trips
- Artist Retreats
- Photography Retreats
- Corporate and Business Retreats
- Church Retreats
- Wine or Brewery Tours
- Golf Outings
Most groups will rent either The Lodge or the Bear’s Den along with as many cabins as needed to accommodate their group size. The larger homes serve as the central meeting place for meals and social gatherings and the nearby cabins provide more privacy. Choosing between The Lodge and Bear’s Den can sometimes be difficult as they each have their own distinct characteristics that will better suit your group depending on your makeup. Groups with small children prefer the Bear’s Den due the large lakeside yard with a play structure and private fire pit. Adult groups tend to prefer The Lodge due to the beautiful wrap-around covered porch with spectacular views of the lake. The Bear’s Den is a remodeled farm home with 6 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. It accommodates up to 14 people. The Lodge is a custom built log home with 5 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Both The Lodge and Bears Den have their own private recreation rooms with games for adults or children. The Cabins each have a queen bed, full bed and a twin bed bunked over the full. The cabins all have excellent views of the lake.
If you are the person responsible for organizing your reunion or outing, we’ve listed some important information you should consider before making your reservation:
- We are on a Saturday to Saturday rental schedule from Mid-June to Mid-August.
- For July reservations or groups over 40 people, it’s best to call a year in advance.
- It’s best to call in March or April the year prior to your reunion.
- We give our current guest “first dibs” to reserve the same week for the following year.
- A deposit (first night’s rent) is required at the time of reservation.
- 50% of the total cost is due 90 days prior to arrival and the balance is due 30 days prior to arrival.
- The cancelation fees are $100 per cabin and $300 for The Lodge or Bear’s Den if canceled at least 90 days in advance.
- We can usually hold units for 24 to 48 hours to allow time for all the family members to commit.
- We require a signed Reservation Agreement for each unit rented.
- We have a strict no smoking and no pet policy.
For more information please call 231-642-7000 or email [email protected]